Often when people buy a climbing frames it is the first time they have ever bought such a big structure for their garden. Our climbing frames have a 10 year guarantee which, by any standards, is quite a long time. For that reason it is important that you prepare your garden for the arrival of your playset.
- We would of course advise that you have ample space in your garden for the climbing frame you have chosen. Check the dimension of the frame against the size of your garden We suggest a 1.5m perimeter around any swing set to give little ones space to swing freely and race around it. This is of course a guideline and not a requirement.
- Ensure there is a clear path for delivery men to carry your goods round to the back of the house for you (2 man delivery). Having them clamber over things carrying heavy goods is unnecessarily dangerous and they may refuse to do it.
- Make sure all debris, overgrown bushes and long grass is cleared before your playset arrives. Doing this afterwards may be a lot trickier.
- Of course in an ideal world all gardens would be perfectly flat but we know that they’re not. This isn’t the end of the world. Your garden doesn’t have to be pitch perfect but if you have a definite incline we would suggest placing the legs of the climbing frame into the ground so the set ends up being level. Although you must bear in mind little ones may catch their legs when they are swinging and having the wood in the damp ground may cause it to rot quicker.
- Some of our customers like to add rubber matting, mulch or bark around their climbing frames. This is by no means essential. Although we strongly suggest you do not place your swing set on concrete.If you do want to put some kind of soft flooring down underneath the climbing frame it is best to do this after the set is built and in place.
- If you are lucky enough to have several spots in your garden where your playset could go it is probably a good idea to place the climbing frame away from a neighbour’s fence and in your eye line. So in line with a kitchen window or patio doors is normally quite useful.
- We like to think our climbing frames are fairly low maintenance. Getting the position, surrounding area and grounding right before installation will save you a lot of trouble in the future.